The Stack and Aloft
Children aged 13 - 17 have their own private area on the Disney Ships. The Disney Magic has The Stack, and the Disney Wonder has Aloft, where your teen will find comfortable couches, internet access, plasma televisions, board games, MP3 players, and of course a soda bar that serves both soft drinks and fruit smoothies. There are also trained counselors that provide your children with organized activities that range from sports contest to dance parties to trivia games. In addition to all the fun stuff on the ship, teenagers also get to do teen only excursions on Castaway Cay, Disney's private island.
Some of the popular activities include:
- Digihunt gives your child a chance to explore the ship. Each child will participate in a scavenger hunt with a digital camera. Each player will decipher Morse code, solve Disney trivia, use international flag codes and much more, all leading to a final prize.
- Your child will get wet in H2O Splashdown. This is a wild pool party with races and other games.
- For those that can never sit still, the children can dance the night away at Glow Jam. This is a moonlit are just for teens with glow sticks and bracelets and music from the '70s, '80s, and '90s to keep them hopping while getting to know the other children their age.
- For the future movie star or director in your family, Shooting Stars is the thing to do to form a production team that includes camera operators, a director, actors, actresses and costumers in order to produce a movie. Once the movie is complete there is a movie screening on board the ship.
- Castaway Cay gives teens the opportunity to bike on the island, snorkel or kayak. Your child can also do the Wild Side for a teen only excursion.
- Whatever Floats Your Boat has teens using rope and bamboo to hopefully create a raft. While on Castaway Cay they can design, build and race their raft in the lagoon.