30 June 2005
ANAHEIM, Calif. - To commemorate the 50th anniversary of Disneyland Park in grand style, Disney technicians, artists and Imagineers have developed "Remember ... Dreams Come True" (presented by American Honda Motor Company, Inc.), the most elaborate nighttime spectacular ever staged at the Disneyland Resort. The all-new fireworks extravaganza will premiere on May 5, 2005 with the launch of the Disneyland 50th anniversary "Happiest Homecoming On Earth" celebration.
Using the skies over Disneyland as its canvas "Remember…Dreams Come True" illustrates the power of wishes and dreams and incorporates state-of-the-art pyrotechnics and more environmentally-friendly air launch systems along with lighting and sound technologies to amaze Disneyland guests as never before. This truly epic and innovative, immersive Disney entertainment experience will also feature an entirely new interpretation of Tinker Bell's famous flight over Sleeping Beauty Castle.
From the earliest days of Disneyland, Tinker Bell has been the official hostess of "The Happiest Place On Earth" and now, as part of "Remember . . . Dreams Come True," Disneyland guests will see her in a truly unprecedented presentation (a first for any Disney theme park in the world). Beginning with a dramatic launch from the peak of the Matterhorn (approximately 13 stories high), the famous pixie will follow an astonishing 500 foot long flight pattern (sustaining air speeds of up to 20 mph). Illuminated with "pixie dust," Tinker Bell will literally dip, glide and soar over Fantasyland.
Five spectacular "Acts" comprise "Remember . . . Dreams Come True":
- Magic Starts With a Wish - The show begins with an elegant vocal introduction by Hollywood legend Julie Andrews, Honorary Ambassador of the "Happiest Homecoming on Earth."
- Our Disney Storybook Friends - Beloved Disney characters - including Cinderella, Aladdin, and Pinocchio - share their individual "wishes" through dazzling special effects, soaring music and brilliant fireworks.
- Tinker Bell Unlocks the Magic - Tinker Bell makes an entirely new and unbelievable appearance, reminiscent of her flights of fancy from the familiar opening sequence of The Wonderful World of Disney television series. Her appearance will amaze audiences and defy explanation as she enchants Sleeping Beauty Castle.
- Walt's Dream - "E-Tickets in the Sky" - The audience will be reminded of the wish that started it all - - Walt Disney's dream of Disneyland, explained in Walt's own words using archival audio tracks. What follows is an exciting and heart-warming journey through the various lands of Disneyland - each to be depicted through favorite Disneyland songs, familiar phrases from some of the Park's most popular attractions (nearly 25 highlighted from the past and present) and illustrated through the enchantment of fireworks.
- Wishes Everlasting - Tinker Bell returns and enchants the entire Park as the show concludes with a heart-tugging and unforgettable golden finale of Disney wishes, reminding everyone of the timeless magic of Disneyland.
The show features over 25 familiar Disney tunes and Disneyland attraction themes recorded by a 72-piece orchestra and showcases over 80 pieces of attraction music, sound effects, familiar vocal sound-bites and voice-overs. Custom pyrotechnics were developed specifically for the show and include such unique colors as black rose, neon pink, rose amber and steel blue. Custom specialty shells include Cubes, Eye Pattern, Bulls-Eye, Kaleidoscope, Happy Face, Twisting Bees, Steel Blue Jelly Fish, Blooming Flower and Scintillating Star Pattern.
Helping create the magic in the sky is new air launch technology. Using compressed air to lift the fireworks, the breakthrough technology virtually eliminates the need for smoke-producing black powder and other materials at launch. The result is a significant reduction in ground-level smoke and noise while providing greater artistic opportunities for the fireworks show producers and a more vibrant show for the Guests.