Anaheim, CA (June 25, 2012) – The grand reopening of Disney California Adventure Park brings new adventures for guests of all ages, including the exciting Cars Land, Buena Vista Street and Carthay Circle Theatre. All the new attractions, entertainment and experiences complement the classic favorites, offering something for everyone – from the thrill seeker to the guest who likes to play after dark.
To help Disneyland Resort guests plan a full day of their favorite experiences, here are eight themed itineraries to try – and build upon – for an upcoming visit to Disney California Adventure. With new, extended hours, from 8 a.m. to 11 p.m. all summer long, guests will have more time to enjoy all the fun.
Thrill Seekers Adventure
Already home to six of the highest-rated attractions at the Disneyland Resort, Disney California Adventure is a thrill seeker’s paradise. With the new “E Ticket” Radiator Springs Racers at Cars Land, this itinerary is packed with flying, spinning, screaming, soaring and racing fun that any thrill seeker would love.
- Radiator Springs Racers (new at Cars Land)
- Twilight Zone™ Tower of Terror
- California Screamin’
- Soarin’ Over California
- Silly Symphony Swings
- Goofy’s Sky School
- Grizzly River Run
The Show Stopper
This show-stopping itinerary is worthy of an encore. From “A Whole New World” to “World of Color,” Disney California Adventure features some of the best entertainment the Disneyland Resort has to offer. Head down the rabbit hole or be immersed in storytelling as nearly 1,200 fountains light up the night with these interactive, immersive shows.
- ”Disney’s Aladdin – A Musical Spectacular”
- “Red Car Newsboys” (new on Buena Vista Street)
- Five & Dime (new singing act on Buena Vista Street)
- Ursula’s Grotto, Sorcerer’s Workshop (Disney Animation Building)
- “Pixar Play Parade”
- “Disney Junior – Live on Stage!”
- Mad T Party (new at Hollywood Land)
- “World of Color”
- “Phineas & Ferb’s Rockin’ Rollin’ Dance Party”
- Live music on Paradise Pier (At the gazebo near Boardwalk Pizza & Pasta and Paradise Garden Grill)
The Night Cap
When the sun goes down, Disney California Adventure sets the stage for a magical, nighttime experience. Watch as Cars Land flips the switch from day to night and enjoy the illumination of Route 66 with its amazing neon signs. Don’t miss a twinkling view of the skyline from the top of Twilight Zone™ Tower of Terror and catch all the fun, music and games at Mad T Party.
- Cars Land Neon Lighting (new at Cars Land)
- Dinner at Carthay Circle Restaurant or Golden Vine Winery, with reserved viewing for “World of Color”
- Carthay Circle Lounge (new on Buena Vista Street)
- Twilight Zone® Tower of Terror
- Hot Chocolate, Ghirardelli Soda Fountain and Chocolate Shop (new at Pacific Wharf)
- Mad T Party (new at Hollywood Land)
- “World of Color” (with new update from Disney?Pixar movie “Brave”)
This itinerary invites nature lovers to “branch out” and experience the beautiful horticulture that spreads across Disney California Adventure. More than 450 new trees have been planted in Cars Land alone, and the additon of trees throughout the park adds shade for more guest comfort. From the tall pines around Grizzly Mountain to the small cacti in Cars Land, guests will enjoy all the beautiful surroundings in the park.
- Golden State Winery Cork Oak at the Golden Vine Winery (Pacific Wharf)
- Grizzly Peak Pine Trees (Grizzly Peak)
- Ficus Auriculate – Roxburgh Fig (“a bug’s land”)
- Cars Land “Ironwood” Tree – Olneya Tesota (new at Cars Land)
- Cars Land Claret Cup Cactus (new at Cars Land)
A Day With Character
Getting up close and personal with favorite characters is one of the best ways to enjoy a day at Disney California Adventure. Guests will enjoy being immersed in the stories of classic Disney characters and Pixar pals, plus there are many opportunities to greet favorite characters. Guests may talk with Crush, sing along with Minnie and go under the sea with Ariel on this character-filled itinerary.
- Greet Lightning McQueen and Mater (new at Cozy Cone Motel, Cars Land)
- Mater’s Junkyard Jamboree (new at Cars Land)
- The Little Mermaid ~ Ariel’s Undersea Adventure
- Minnie’s Fly Girls Charter Airline (new at Condor Flats)
- Toy Story Mania!
- “Pixar Play Parade”
- Redwood Creek Challenge Trail with Russell and Dug from Disney•Pixar’s “Up”
- Turtle Talk with Crush at Disney Animation Building
- The Beast’s Library, Sorcerer’s Workshop, at Disney Animation Building
- Monsters, Inc. Mike & Sulley to the Rescue!
- Muppet*Vision 3D
- Ariel’s Grotto Princess Character Dining
A Shopper’s Paradise
With the additions of Buena Vista Street and Cars Land, guests have even more opportunies to shop to their heart’s content. Whether it’s at Radiator Springs Curios or Big Top Toys, the new shops are a great place to find a souvenir that reflects a day filled with memories. Add that to the classic merchandise experiences of Disney California Adventure and this itinerary will be added to everyone’s shopping list.
- Oswald’s (new on Buena Vista Street featuring autograph books, hats, bags and souvenirs)
- Los Feliz Five & Dime (new on Buena Vista Street featuring t-shirts, sweatshirts, hats, figurines, souvenirs and character merchandise)
- Big Top Toys (new on Buena Vista Street featuring interactive toys, games and plush)
- Elias & Co. (new on Buena Vista Street featuring posters, clothing, souvenirs and collectible items)
- Radiator Springs Curios (new at Cars Land featuring souvenirs)
- Ramone’s House of Body Art (new at Cars Land featuring clothing and souvenirs)
- Sarge’s Surplus Hut (new at Cars Land featuring clothing, hats, toys and plush)
- Seaside Souvenirs (featuring Paradise Pier themed souvenirs and merchandise)
A Tour Full of Flavor
Sometimes it’s all about the vittles – and Disney California Adventure is a foodie’s paradise. Comfort food, gourmet meals, regional specialties, signature cocktails and even delectable vintages are all available on this tour through the park. From small bites to fine dining, guests’ palates will be met with some of the best food and drink options from around the Resort.
- Fiddler, Fifer & Practical Café (new on Buena Vista Street)
- Trolley Treats (new on Buena Vista Street)
- Flo’s V8 Café (new at Cars Land featuring Route 66 inspired comfort food)
- Cozy Cone Motel (new at Cars Land featuring “cone” themed snacks)
- Fillmore’s Taste-In (new at Cars Land featuring fresh fruits, juices and water)
- Wine Country Trattoria (featuring Mediterranean style cuisine)
- Boardwalk Pizza & Pasta
- Carthay Circle Restaurant (new on Buena Vista Street)
- The Cove Bar (featuring American style bar appetizers)
- Pacific Wharf Café (featuring salads, soups and bread bowls)
- Ghirardelli Soda Fountain and Chocolate Shop (new at Pacific Wharf)
- Corn Dog Castle
- Ariel’s Grotto (featuring character dining for breakfast and lunch)
- “World of Color” picnic dinners; includes reserved viewing for the show
Child’s Play Tour
This itinerary is a good fit for parents and grandparents who are entertaining younger guests. These attractions are fun for all ages and cover the entire park. Whether it’s floating on air at Luigi’s Flying Tires or playing at bug’s eye-level in “a bug’s land,” there are so many places to make memories together for the entire family.
- Luigi’s Flying Tires