Halloween Time at the Disneyland Resort is now an official Disneyland holiday. This special time of year officially begins October 1st, but often will start in late September as Haunted Mansion Holiday opens. The Halloween celebrations run through October until about the 2nd of November.
During this special time at the Disneyland Resort has a great deal of eye candy for both children and adults.
At California Adventure you will see SunPlaza turn into Candy Corn Acres with very large candy corns throughout the area. The windmills at the entrance to A Bugs Land are turned into candy corn windmills. The large letters in front of the park spelling CALIFORNIA are turned into candy corns. And you will find pumpkins throughout the park.
Across the esplanade at the Disneyland Entrance there are very large pumpkins over the gates of the park. The pumpkins are of Mickey, Minnie, Donald and Goofy and look wonderful when lit up at night.
Once you enter Disneyland you will see a larger than life pumpkin in Town Square. This is a two sided Mickey Mouse pumpkin. This is a great idea because it is a place where many pictures are taken, and instead of one very long line, there are two shorter lines because two families at a time can have their pictures taken.
At Disneyland there is not a light post without a pumpkin. While the weather doesn’t necessarily indicate fall, walking through Disneyland during Halloween Time makes it evident that fall is in the air.
In addition to all of the decorations, there are many other special things that happen at the Disneyland Resort only during the special time called Halloween Time.
- In DisneylandPark you will see the characters dressed in costume on Main Street. Here you may see Chip and Dale dressed as a jailor and a prisoner, or Goofy dressed as a skeleton. Even Mickey and Minnie are dressed up for the holidays.
- Haunted Mansion Holiday is a special version of the HauntedMansion where Jack Skellington, from Nightmare Before Christmas, has taken over the HauntedMansion. This actually runs from October through the first few days of January.
- In New Orleans Square you can see Jack Skellington and Sally for a meet and greet. While Haunted Mansion Holiday is open through Christmas, these two very special characters can only been seen during Halloween Time.
- Woody’s Halloween Roundup becomes a Halloween petting zoo, showplace and pumpkin patch. For more information on Woody’s Halloween Roundup click here.
- Mickey’s Trick or Treat Party happens on select nights at Disney’s California Adventure. For more information on this party, click here.
As you can see, Halloween is a great time to visit the Disneyland Resort. It is off season so the crowds are lighter and the decorations are plentiful.