MaxPass is a feature on the Disneyland App that links your Disneyland Park tickets with your account and gives you enhanced FastPass and PhotoPass features using the Disneyland App your phone.
The cost of MaxPass at the Disneyland Resort is $20 per person per day. (Jan 2020). You only need to purchase it on the days you use it.
Disneyland PhotoPass with MaxPass
For PhotoPass you will be able to view your PhotoPass pictures on your phone the same day as they are taken. Magic Moments pictures can take up to 24 hours to be available to view. If you already have MaxPass enabled when you have your picture taken you have the PhotoPass photographer scan your MaxPass on your phone. If you have already taken photos before enabling MaxPass for the day you need to link your regular photopass card with your Disney App and must do so by 6:00 am the day AFTER your MaxPass ticket was used.
Here are the main advantages of MaxPass with PhotoPass:
- You can view your photos on your phone same day they were taken (Magic Moments photos can take longer).
- You can view and download photos from your phone.
- You can view download photos 45 days after you took the photo at home at no additional cost.
Disneyland FastPass with MaxPass
For FastPasses, MaxPass is a bit more complicated. MaxPass, once enabled on your ticket will allow you to make FastPass reservations on your Disneyland App. You can make these FastPass reservations for either Disneyland Park or California Adventure once you have used your ticket to enter one of the parks.
Once your ticket is linked to the Disneyland App, you can make FastPass reservations from the Action menu on the Disneyland App. It is best that you download the Disneyland App on your iPhone or Andriod phone before you leave home, then when you get your tickets you can link them to the App.
If you used MaxPass to acquire a FastPass, when entering the queue to use the FastPass you can either have them scan your park ticket or the FastPass on your phone. Since your park ticket is connected to the Disneyland App, either will work.
So why would you want to spend $15 per person per day for MaxPass?
Here are the main advantages of MaxPass:
- You can acquire FastPasses for a ride without having to go to the ride.
- You can acquire FastPasses for Disney’s California Adventure even when in the Disneyland Park and vice versa.
- You can receive a new FastPass every 1 ½ hours as opposed to the normal 2 hours. (After you’ve used your current FastPass you can always get a new one)
- As soon as you use your FastPass on a ride you can acquire a new FastPass on your phone.So, after you enter you enter the queue but before boarding you can already have your next ride lined up.
- You can get FastPasses for World of Color and Fantasmic! from your phone
- If you leave the park to rest at the hotel or get lunch, you can still acquire FastPasses.
Disneyland FastPass Attractions
- Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
New Orleans Square
- Haunted Mansion
- Haunted Mansion Holiday (seasonal)
Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge
- Roger Rabbits Car Toon Spin
- it’s a small world
- it’s a small world Holiday (seasonal)
- Matterhorn Bobsleds
- Buzz Lightyear Astroblasters
- Star Tours – The Adventure Continues
- Space Mountain
Disney’s California Adventure FastPass Attractions
- Soarin’ Around the World
- Grizzly River Run
- Goofy’s Sky School
- Toy Story Midway Mania
- World of Color
- Guardian’s of the Galaxy - Mission Breakout
- Guardian’s of the Galaxy – Monsters After Dark